People are drawn to him because he deals with every person in a personalized and respectful manner. He takes time to deeply listen, understand, accept, and help anyone who consults him.
Randy is the only Filipino who is both a psychiatrist (M.D.), a doctor of clinical psychology (Psy.D.), and an osteopath (DO-MTP). A product of many schools, he is an alumnus of La Salle Green Hills, Ateneo de Manila University, University of the Philippines, Diliman, and the Far Eastern University-Institute of Medicine. He trained at the Makati Medical Center and Veterans Memorial Medical Center for psychiatry.
In the history of the Philippine Psychiatric Association (PPA), he is the most awarded of all psychiatric residents having won in 3 of its major competitions: He won first prize in the 10th Case Presentation Contest, second prize in the 3rd Scientific Paper Presentation Contest, and third prize in the 4th Scientific Paper Presentation Contest.
He graduated ‘cum laude’ in the Doctor of Psychology program of the California Southern University.
As a psychotherapist, Randy received intensive training in Gestalt Therapy in Germany, France, Spain, Australia, India, and Indonesia. He is an academic scholar of the Gestalt Education Network International (GENI) which is based in Europe.
He received his osteopathic training from the Osteopathic College of Ontario, Canada. He earned his diploma in manipulative body therapy came from Goodrum & Papaphothis of Thailand.
As a wholistic healer, Randy uses a variety of healing methods which include the following: psychiatric acupuncture, qigong energy healing, Ericksonian hypnotherapy, dream analysis, art therapy, drama therapy, clinical massage therapy, psycho-spiritual counseling, emotional release therapy, kundalini meditation, posture alignment therapy, cranio-sacral therapy, and many other therapies.
No other Filipino psychiatrist is as wholistic in their healing approach as Randy. He, in fact, is the foremost advocate of Wholistic and Integrative Psychiatry in the Philippines.
Randy compassionately treats his clients as human beings, not as problems or disorders. Most psychiatrists are content with seeing their patients for only a few minutes, giving quick advice, and then prescribing medications.
Although Randy also prescribes medications as necessary, his greater concern is to deal with the root causes of his clients’ problems.
Randy is never content with simply solving problems or treating illnesses. His aim is for all his clients to experience emotional healing, personal growth, and wholistic wellness. Essentially, he wants all of his clients to live full, joyful, productive, and meaningful lives.
Randy has taught at the country’s major educational institutions, such as the University of the Philippines, De La Salle University, and the Asian Theological Seminary. He has also been invited to do guest lectures at his alma mater, the Ateneo de Manila University.
As a professor, he teaches his students the art of life coaching, counselling, and psychotherapy.
Randy has also served as school psychiatrist at the De La Salle-College of St. Benilde and the Center for Culinary Arts.
Randy is popularly known as “The Celebrity Shrink.” He is the life coach-psychotherapist of celebrities and high-profile personalities from entertainment, politics, business, religion, arts, sports, and other fields.
Randy is the favourite psychologist-psychiatrist of ABS-CBN, GMA, TV5 and other networks.
He is sought-after as a consultant and counselor for reality TV shows. He is a psychological screener for TV game shows. He serves as a script consultant for psychologically-oriented movies. Furthermore, he is also a frequent resource person for TV documentaries and talk shows.
Randy has also contributed psychologically-oriented articles to Yahoo! Philippines through his Yahoo! Blog entitled “Your Online Shrink.” He also ran a regular column for the Health and Fitness section of Manila Bulletin entitled “Holistic Healing for You.”
Randy is “The Shrink’s Shrink.” When other shrinks need advice, inspiration, or treatment, it is Randy who they eagerly and confidently turn to for help.
Life coaches, counselors, spiritual formators, psychotherapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists consult Randy when they have persona problems or deep life issues that need to be resolved.
Moreover, when professional and established life coaches, counsellors, psychologists, and psychiatrists want advanced learning in psychotherapy and the healing arts, it is Randy who they seek.
Randy is a proponent for emotional wellness and psychological health in the workplace. Randy realizes that one’s work life, home life, and personal life are all tightly intertwined with each other. Stress and problems in one aspect of life will affect all other aspects of living.
As a Consultant for Workplace Counseling, Randy assists companies in setting up Counseling Services in the workplace. Through one-on-one counseling sessions, he helps employees deal with their problems so that they become more efficient, more productive, and more fulfilled at work.
Randy is a Sports Psychiatrist and Osteopathic Body Therapist involved in the total-person development of athletes. As a certified sports psychology coach, certified sports hypnotist, and certified mind-body fitness coach, Randy teaches athletes psychological skills to enhance their concentration, determination, and over-all performance in sports.
He specializes in Life Coaching for athletes so that their life problems do not interfere with training and competition.
Through clinical (orthopaedic) sports massage, acupuncture, and other wellness therapies, he fine-tunes the bodies of star athletes for their peak performance.
Randy established three institutions for advancement of psychological health and wellness: the Life Change Recovery Center, the Philippine Society of Life Coaches, and the Gestalt Therapy Association of the Philippines.
Aside from these 3 institutions, he is also co-founder and charter president of the Philippine Association of Christian Counselors.
Randy is never stagnant in his personal growth and professional development. As a consummate learner, teacher, and practitioner of the healing arts, Randy keeps on growing and continues to discover new ways of helping people.
He continually attends or facilitates training seminar-workshops in Asia, America, and Europe.
What makes my services unique?
A TRIBUTE TO RANDY
Do you get tired
But I can see.
I can see the moment God made you.
-- anonymous, 2004 --
Contributions of Randy Dellosa
1. Psycho-educating the common "tao." Randy’s most significant contribution to Philippine psychology and psychiatry comes from his frequent media exposure on reality TV shows, documentary programs, magazine talk shows, and news programs.
As the foremost popular psychological expert of Philippine television, Randy is able to educate the Filipino masses by giving a psychological perspective on a wide array of life issues.
2. Reducing the stigma about mental illness. Randy's image as the life coach and psychotherapist of people from show business and high society has imparted to the Filipino masses the belief that it is alright, and even trendy, to have a personal life coach or psychotherapist.
This has apparently helped in reducing the stigma which prevents many Filipinos from consulting mental health professionals for their psychological problems.
3. Pioneering the practice of 'Holistic and Integrative Psychiatry' in the Philippines. Most Filipino psychiatrists discredit and belittle complementary and alternative medicine in the treatment of psychiatric conditions.
Randy, however, combines conventional psychiatric treatment with natural therapies that facilitate the patient's capacity for self-healing.
As the pioneer of “holistic and integrative psychiatry” in the Philippines, Randy uses a variety of healing methods which include the following: acupuncture, medical qigong and yoga, mindfulness meditation, energy healing, hypnotherapy, dream analysis, art therapy, drama therapy, regression therapy, cranio-sacral therapy, and many other therapies.
4. Propagating the practice of Gestalt Psychotherapy in the Philippines. Randy established the Gestalt Therapy Association of the Philippines (GTAP) which offers training programs in the theory and practice of Gestalt Therapy.
Gestalt therapy is a holistic approach to psychotherapy that focuses on integrating a person's body, mind, emotions, energy, and spirit, thereby bringing healing to the "total person.”
5. Filipinizing the practice of Life Coaching. In reaction to the western style of Life Coaching being popularized, Randy established the Philippine Society of Life Coaches which aims to propagate an approach to Life Coaching which is in sync with Filipino culture and the Filipino mindset.
6. Developing the ‘Dellosa Emotional-Release Touch Therapy.’ Integrating his learnings and experiences as an osteopath, clinical massage therapist, physician, psychiatrist, and clinical psychologist, Randy developed a body-based form of psychotherapy that uses ‘mindfulness’ and ‘therapeutic touch’ to release unresolved psycho-trauma, forgotten memories, buried feelings, and unconscious attitudes that had been trapped or hidden in the physical body.
7. Establishing the Life Change Recovery Center. Randy established an innovative in-patient treatment facility for both psychiatric patients and addicted individuals.
Unlike other rehabilitation centers that employ the 12-Steps or Therapeutic Community program, Randy developed a 'life-transformation paradigm' which not only helps patients heal from their psychiatric conditions but more importantly, helps them move forward in life to attain their fullest human and spiritual potential.
8. Building a psychological-spiritual community for the SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious). As a spiritual leader and mindfulness retreat facilitator, Randy draws on his experiences as an ordained Daoist priest-monk, Zen sitter, Kundalini yoga meditator, and practitioner of Christian mysticism.
He inspires people to be psychologically healthy by nurturing their personalized form of spirituality.
Randy encourages people to explore various spiritual traditions and practices so that they may develop a personalized path that is most spiritually-meaningful and spiritually-nurturing for their spiritual growth.
He integrates spirituality with Transpersonal psychology, Gestalt therapy, and Existential psychotherapy in order to make spirituality more psychologically-attuned, more practical, and more grounded in the reality of everyday living.
CURRICULUM VITAE of RANDY MISAEL S. DELLOSA
Integrative Medicine Education